CALLING ALL YOUNG COMIC ARTISTS IN CALDER VALLEY!
[Scribblecon is an annual independent comic con in Todmorden that’s family friendly, and free to attend. Now in its fourth year!]
Starting this year, Scribblecon will be exhibiting comic art made by children and young people in the Calder Valley and regional area.
Want to show off your awesome art?
It’s really easy, and there’s no fee for entering your drawing.
- You must be under 18 to participate.
- Artwork to be no bigger than A4
- Any style – it could be a single drawing… or a story with panels
- Any subject – your own characters, animals you like, or your favourite fictional characters.
- Any tools – pencil, pen, felt tips, paint… whatever you feel comfortable with!
- The original artwork, or a photocopy *
- IMPORTANT! Please write on the back:
- Your name (or alias / nickname)
- Your town (optional)
- Your age (optional)
Draw it beforehand, bring it with you to Scribblecon, and hand it to anyone at the Second-hand table (upstairs). We’ll hang it up during the day.
No time or materials to draw your artwork beforehand? No problem… draw it at Scribblecon! We’ll have a table upstairs with paper, pens and pencils all ready for you. Just hand your artwork in when you’re finished to the 2nd hand stall (also upstairs) and we’ll hang it up during the day.
Can’t make it to Scribblecon but you still want to take part? No problem, you can mail it to us! Just send it early enough so we receive it by the 24th of May. Please get in touch and we’ll let you know what address to send it to.
* Please note: After the comic con, we will keeping the artworks and collecting them in a binder. That way they’ll be available to look at again on our future comic cons. That means that if you want to keep the artwork that you make, it’s best if you give us a photocopy of it. And we can keep that instead.
Also this probably goes without saying, but we reserve the right to not display any artwork that we deem inappropriate or rude. Scribblecon is a family-friendly event!